The Kneeling Christ is the creation of sculptor Charles Umlauf. The statue was cast in Pietrasanta, Italy, and is set on a slab of Italian marble. The figure is life-size and invites the viewer to walk around and admire the details.
Among Mr. Umlauf’s other works include:
- The Spirit of Flight housed at Dallas Love Field;
- The Torchbearers on the campus of University of Texas;
- Madonna and Child on the campus of Southwestern University;
- Three pieces in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art;
- Many others throughout the country.
The Kneeling Christ was a gift to First Presbyterian Church by two families from our congregation.