First Presbyterian Church, Hillsboro, Texas was organized in October of 1875, as “Hill County Presbyterian Church.” Their first building was erected in 1878 at 225 Elm Street, Hillsboro, Texas. This wood framed building served as home for the congregation until a new building was constructed in 1911.
At that time there were two Presbyterian Church’s in Hillsboro and three in Hill County – Central Presbyterian Church and Cumberland Presbyterian being the others. In 1906, Central Presbyterian Church and Cumberland Presbyterian united to become Liberty Temple Presbyterian Church.
Then, in 1937, Liberty Temple united with First Presbyterian Church. This congregation remained at 225 East Elm until they relocated to their present location, 301 Old Brandon Rd, Hillsboro, Texas, in 1974.